August 14, 2010

Human / 2 EPs




Human was the musical partnership of Lee Grainge and Hazel Bligh. As far as I know they only released these 2 EPs, The Island Life in 1997 and Confused Moods in 1998. I was acquainted with Lee as he worked in the wonderful Fat Cat records in Covent Garden, where I spent all my money while I was at art school nearby (what was the Hip Hop place they shared the basement with called?). As for Hazel Bligh, I know nothing...

Anyway, the music is beautifully lush and timeless melodic techno.

Human / The Island Life EP (1997)
A1: Skating On Thin Ice
B1: Evil Knevil
B2: Winter

Human / Confused Moods EP (1998)
A1: Tick Tock
A2: T.A.P.
B1: Cigar
B2: Battersea Fumbler

Discogs
Download

7 comments:

  1. Ha! I did the label designs for these, hadn't seen them for ages. Sound Source was the other record shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah William. Any news on what they're up to these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it me or the download doesn't work?
    Sb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to be working fine for me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. try it again, megaupload has been funny for me too lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://soundcloud.com/leegrainge :-)

    ReplyDelete